Get Ready to Go, Bevis Broncos! The 2013-14 PTA Reflections Program is set and ready for our students to begin their inspiring works! This national PTA program has encouraged millions of students across the nation and in American schools overseas to explore their artistic talents.
National PTA Reflections Program 2013–2014 Theme
“Believe, Dream, Inspire”
The National PTA Reflections Program is an arts recognition and achievement program for students. The Reflections Program provides opportunities for students to express themselves creatively and to receive positive recognition for original works of art inspired by a pre-selected theme, while increasing community awareness on the importance of the arts in education. Participation in the Reflections Program is a great way for students to explore and learn about various art forms. Creating art is a valuable learning process that challenges students to use their critical thinking skills as well as their creative talents to create art that supports a specific theme.
Students at Bevis can qualify for four award categories. Only original works of art are accepted.
- Literature - View Rules
- Musical Composition - View Rules
- Photography - View Rules
- Visual Arts – View Rules
Participation in the Florida PTA Reflections program is open to all students in attendance at PTA/PTSA schools where the program is sponsored. Local Units advance entries to County Councils and County Councils advance entries to state level.
The 2013-14 process includes:
- Complete a Student Interest Form and return to the child’s teacher no later than Friday, 9/20 (form to be sent home the week of 9/9).
- Review the Rules for the respective category. The student then completes his/her artwork, literature or music submission.
- Submissions of all works will be collected in the Multi-Purpose Room on Tuesday, 10/8 and Wednesday, 10/9 from 7:20-7:55 a.m. All submissions must include the Student Entry Form.
- Judging by local professionals in each category takes place according to the national judging standards. A reception for all students and their families will be held on Friday, October 25. Some students’ works will advance to the Hillsborough County level.